What is low blood pressure (hypotension)?
Tell friends that your blood puts pressure on your arteries with every beat And with that the pressure of blood against your artery walls is called blood pressure.
Be aware that blood pressure goes up and down in response to your regular activities, such as sleeping and moving around that Medical terms the low blood pressure is a hypotension.
Friends, blood pressure is made up of two measurements: when your heart beats, and with it the period of rest between your heartbeats.
The systolic pressure (or systole) is a measure of your blood pumping through your arteries and when the ventricles of the heart squeeze. And at the same time that systole supplies blood to your body. Diastolic pressure (or diastole) is the measurement for the duration of rest. And tell that diastole supplies blood to your heart by filling the coronary arteries.
Your blood pressure reading is made up of two numbers: the first systolic measurement, then the diastolic measurement. And tell that in most cases (less than 120/80) it is good to have low blood pressure.
This but low blood pressure can sometimes make you feel tired or dizzy. And with that said in all those cases, hypotension can be a sign of an underlying condition that needs to be treated. And friends, he defines hypotension in adults as a blood pressure reading of less than 90/60.
Types of hypotension
It should be noted that there are many types of this hypotension Low blood pressure is classified according to when it occurs and its cause.
This is orthostatic hypotension (also known as postural hypotension) and is a drop in blood pressure that occurs when you rise from sitting or lying down to standing.
Tell friends that as your body adjusts to the change in position, and with this you may feel dizzy or lightheaded so that’s some people’s say it “seeing the stars” and when they wake up.
So that’s Orthostatic hypotension the Mostly commons of the low blood pressure. It can affect people of all ages, including myself, but it is especially common in older adults. And it should be noted that aging and pregnancy can also cause an overall lowering of blood pressure.
It is then that conditions affecting the autonomic nervous system, such as Parkinson’s disease as well as diabetes, can often cause orthostatic hypotension. This form of low blood pressure affects 30 to 50 percent of people with Parkinson’s disease and about 30 percent of people with diabetes.
This postprandial hypotension is a drop in blood pressure that occurs after eating. According to a 2010 review, low blood pressure after eating it is more common in older adults as well as people with autonomic dysfunction.
Explain that this blood pressure is a balancing act between your nervous system as well as other bodily systems (like your hormones and organs). Nerve-mediated hypotension occurs when there is an abnormal reflex connection between the heart and the brain.
Causes of nerve mediated hypotension include:
- Friends, he should stand in the same position for a long time. And with this, children experience this form of hypotension more often than adults.
- And that is, having a strong emotional reaction, such as feeling shocked or scared. And with this, only a few people experience this low blood pressure during medical or dental procedures for this reason.
- Be aware that during this shock there can be a huge drop in blood pressure. And with that it can be a shock if you experience any serious injury or infection.
During a shock, it should be noted that your organs do not get the necessary blood, as well as oxygen, for them to function properly And this severe hypotension can be life-threatening if not treated promptly.
Friends, let us tell you that having low blood pressure all the time can be a side effect of some medicines. And with this, for example, these very commonly used drugs to treat high blood pressure can sometimes cause hypotension.
These other conditions that affect the heart, nerves, liver, and either or that hormone system can also cause an overall lowering of blood pressure And along with this, a lack of this vitamin can also contribute to low blood pressure.
What is the cause of hypotension?
Let us tell you that everyone’s blood pressure drops at some point or the other And with that, your body’s internal regulation of blood flow can sometimes cause you to have lower-than-normal blood pressure.
Let us tell you that some people have low blood pressure all the time without any symptoms Also, the cause of this type of hypotension is unknown.
What causes a sudden drop in blood pressure?
Let us tell you that after some incidents, there can be a sudden decrease in blood pressure And also it includes:
- and you stand up that quick
- and you are eating
- and you suddenly feel scared and either experience some shocking event
- So this conditions that’s can Causes of low blood pressure.
Some of these conditions can cause long-term hypotension and one that can be dangerous if left untreated And it then includes these conditions:
- pregnancy, due to the increased demand for blood from both the pregnant person as well as the growing fetus.
- and that heart attack and impaired circulation due to either heart condition
- Dehydration, such as if you are vomiting and cannot keep fluids down, and or have severe diarrhea
- endocrine disorders, as well as those with diabetes, adrenal insufficiency, as well as thyroid disease
- Autonomic dysfunction, tell that it damages the nerves that control some bodily functions.
- This bed rest only for a long time
- Shock, tell that this is a serious condition in which your vital organs are not getting enough oxygen.
- To that Anaphy lactic shocked, and severely form of an allergically reactions.
- and this is the loss of a large amount of blood due to injury.
- blood transfusion
- and drugs that can cause low blood pressure
- Medicines that can also lower your blood pressure too much.
This could be the effect of beta-blockers he uses to treat heart disease as well as nitroglycerin.
Diuretics, and the tricyclic antidepressants, as well as erectile dysfunction drugs, can also cause hypotension.
Be aware that if a medicine you are taking causes your blood pressure to drop too low, it is only then that your doctor can adjust the dosage or change the medicine. And with this it usually improves the hypotension itself.
Symptoms of hypotension
Be aware that hypotension does not always cause symptoms And at the same time but sometimes it means low blood pressure and that your vital organs are not getting as much blood flow as they should. And at the same time, if this happens, then only it can make you feel tired or unwell.
Symptoms of hypotension may include:
- Fatigue, tell that the feeling of tiredness and lack of energy all around
- dizziness, and either feeling like you might faint
- Feeling dizzy, unbalanced when you get up from a crouched or sitting position, or when you stand up
- Nausea, a feeling of discomfort in your stomach, and a feeling that you want to vomit
- clammy skin, and that’s when it makes you feel moist or sweaty to the touch
- Depression, that is, persistent feelings such as sadness or low mood that interfere with your daily activities
- Loss of consciousness, also known as unconsciousness and or
- Blurred vision, when your vision is out of focus or blurry
- All that treatment for hypotension only
Explain that your treatment plan will depend on what is causing your hypotension. In addition, your doctor will consider the following factors:
- This is the type of hypotension you are experiencing
- There are conditions and those that can cause this hypotension for you
- And in addition to this, for some people, low blood pressure may not cause any symptoms. And this is in cases where treatment is required, and your doctor may also recommend lifestyle changes, medical treatment, and either a combination of the two.
Friends, let us tell you that sometimes by changing some habits, it can improve your low blood pressure Also, the causes of hypotension vary from person to person, so your care plan may not cover all of these changes.
So depending on the specifics of your situation, your doctor may suggest:
- keep you hydrated
- And this is only to avoid hypotension caused by dehydration.
- Drink plenty of water, and especially if you vomit or have diarrhoea. And stay well hydrated during and after exercise when you’re in a hot spot.
In some cases, your doctor may recommend increasing your electrolyte intake to help keep your blood pressure high.
and that you know your emotional or stress triggers and Pay attention to those situations only to the extent that you felt very scared and either emotional just before the drop in your blood pressure. You may be able to plan ahead only to avoid those situations. And either, if you feel dizzy and either this malaise, and that’s when you can plan for help.
Be aware that if you usually experience low blood pressure when visiting that doctor or dentist, then only you might consider telling them.
Be aware that if you experience low blood pressure after standing for long periods of time, try flexing your leg muscles and walking at the same time. And with that, if you have the option, and that is, take a break to sit.
Tell it to stand up take your time
And you slowly and gradually change the position. And at the same time, do your work in a sitting or standing position using small movements, rather than standing up quickly. Taking slow, deep breaths can only help keep your blood pressure up.
Change your eating habits
Be aware that if you experience low blood pressure after eating, your doctor may suggest eating smaller meals more often or eating different foods throughout the day. Avoid standing up suddenly just after eating.
There’s are to many way’s to manage the low blood pressure in yours daily Life In addition, your doctor may suggest other lifestyle choices based on your needs.
Be aware that some forms of hypotension may require medical treatment. In addition, medical treatment for low blood pressure may include:
- This is then medicine for an underlying condition: And that’s whenever an underlying condition is causing the low blood pressure, and that’s when your treatment may include medication for that condition. Your doctor may recommend medication for conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and either it is an infection.
- That medicine only to increase blood pressure: And sometimes, your doctor will prescribe all these daily medications only to increase the severely low blood pressure. This is only more likely in cases of severe orthostatic hypotension when other treatments have not helped.
- Emergency treatment for shock: Shock-induced hypotension is the most severe form of low blood pressure. And that dangerously low blood pressure should be treated immediately. Emergency workers may give you fluids as well as other treatments to increase your blood pressure and stabilize your vital signs.
- Hypotension: is not always a sign of a major health problem, and it is easily treatable. And at the same time that but for some people, that treatment is also very much needed to prevent possible complications of low blood pressure.
Some complications of hypotension are:
Falls and related injuries
This sudden drop in blood pressure can make you feel dizzy, accompanied by dizziness, and or even loss of consciousness (fainting). These symptoms can come on quickly, leading to a fall or other injury.
The waterfall is a major reason for hospitalization for older adults only. Older adults are more likely to experience hypotension after standing up and eating either. Treatment, as well as lifestyle changes, can only help you manage the symptoms of hypotension.
Be aware that if your blood pressure becomes dangerously low, it is only because your vital organs are not getting enough blood to function properly. This can leave you in shock. And the symptoms of shock include:
- like that cold, sticky skin
- a fast and either this irregular heartbeat of yours
- your rapid breathing
Note that this shock is a medical emergency. If you think you or someone else is experiencing shock, be sure to call 911 or your local emergency services as well.
Friends, tell that many people can control low blood pressure by understanding the condition and its symptoms And also know your triggers, if you have them, as well as how to manage them.
Be aware that if this low blood pressure is making you feel unwell, your doctor may recommend lifestyle changes and either medical treatment Also, if you have been prescribed this medicine, take it as directed to increase your blood pressure and avoid potentially harmful complications.
Be aware that it is always best to inform your doctor if you are concerned about your blood pressure level as well as any symptoms you may have.