Instagram Reels vs TikTok: which is the bestest short-form video platform your business
April 3, 2022
So guys, aren’t you alone – brands are taking on bite-sized video content right now.
Food for thought: A staggering 89% of marketers plan to increase (or maintain) their investment in short-form videos by 2022.
Friends, that is because and this is because short videos are a perfect way to increase brand awareness and at the same time educate the customers without losing their attention.
Let it be known that but the content on instagram Reels and Tiktok is completely different from everything you need on social media. And with that if you don’t quite “get it”, and that’s the only thing we can do to help!
Friends, in this guide, we will break down these two major short-form social platforms, and the one that includes the similarities, differences, as well as best practices for both.
What is TikTok anyway?
Notably, with over 1 billion monthly active users, TikTok is thriving on social media as the hub for short-form videos.
Tell that this is a trademark of Tiktok? Loud looping videos and the ones that you share with your own friends.
So This platforms is infamous for off-the-cuff the videos contents that’s does not take itself too seriously. And at the same time, unlike other social networks, where videos can be carefully edited, unpolished and organic content is what it does best on TikTok.
And here is a quick description of the types of videos and the ones that are popular on TikTok:
- Like this hashtag challenges
- skits and memes
- And this product showcase, reviews and recommendations
- And that how-to and tutorial
- explanatory video
And friends, whatever may be the reputation of Tiktok, it is commercial, and with this this platform is attracting the interest of the brands in the right way. Product-focused posts and recommendations dominate the platform.
And with that, it indicates a huge window of opportunity for marketers and advertisers. And friends, in fact, 84% of marketers are increasing their spending on Tiktok.
And that’s great news? All of the above content types are completely fair game for brands TikTok’s community, and with it its emphasis on sharing, empowers brands to build relationships with customers, while also showing the products in action.
For example, brands like Your Skincare have built an organic and advertising presence on TikTok and one that centers around skincare tips, product showcases and its explaining videos that break down beauty product ingredients.
And with fast editing, voice-overs and in-app music, these videos seamlessly blend education as well as entertainment value. It not only empowers brands to show what they are selling but also allows their brand voice to shine through.
Friends, if you are still trying to wrap your head around the platform, and that’s it for TikTok only then check out our quick guide.
What are Instagram Reels?
Friends, released in the year 2020, Reels is a representation of Instagram’s response to TikTok Re: Short-form video itself.
Like how this “Reels vs TikTok” legend comes from Reel shares many of the same features and functions of TikTok, and this is the reason why both the platforms are often considered interchangeable when it comes to video content.
Let us tell you that recent Instagram statistics show that reels are one of the most popular features of the platform. And along with that, with stories, carousels and even long playing videos, she is the most popular of all reels. The release allows brands on Instagram to do just that on all of their bases when it comes to visual content.
Friends, while TikTok relies heavily on trends, the videos on the reels resemble more “traditional” video content and are just styled to fit the vertical format.
Friends, let us tell you that in the early days of reels, many brands used to cross-post content directly from Tiktok. And with that, it changed very quickly when Instagram announced that their algorithm would remove TikTok watermarked content. And at the same time, it has not only reduced direct cross-posting, but it has also encouraged brands to rethink and what they should be doing with the reels at large.
So popular among ecommerce brands, reels are commonly used for:
- Show products in action like this
- Highlight collaborators and influencers with me
- and promote announcements (eg product launches and drops)
- And see the Stitch Fix Reels tab for that reference only. And it’s worth noting the combination of what appears to be “organic” content compared to more traditional videos with stylized text and backgrounds.
Friends, tell me that in terms of visuals and with this, I am talking about you Tiktok.But from what you can see, the videos themselves aren’t that much different (though they’re arguably a little more polished).
And so think of the Reels as an extension of your existing Instagram presence, and with that where your brand can be found through the basic search of Instagram and either it’s on any profile beyond your feed via the Reels tab could.
And let us tell you that this is where Tiktok is different because and that is the discovery of their content mainly through your “For You Only That Page (FYP).
Instagram Reels vs TikTok Featured & Features Comparisons
Friends, let us tell you that this reels vs tiktok fight looks like a similar matchup, and with that, both the platforms encourage short-form video content.
So he said, they are far from him.
So friends, let us now get to know very deeply about the similarities shared by both the networks and all the differences between them.
Reels vs TikTok: How They Are Similar
And there’s no denying the similarities between the platforms right now. And friends, it was, after all, a direct result of that very growing popularity of reels tiktok.
And friends, that’s because you’ll often see similar pieces of content overlapping with subtle differences in terms of creatives, captions, and also hashtags on branded accounts And friends, see below the ingredients of the hair care brand Arctic Fox Hair Color:
So this tiktok and instagram reel together comparison
Friends, beyond what we have already discussed, what is the similarity between reel and tiktok. And with that, here’s a quick rundown of it:
- Let us tell you that both these platforms are centered around short-form videos. Again, both Reel as well as TikTok are prime places for fun, off-the-cuff videos. And with that said, there’s definitely no better place to see all the brands than to see their creativity. Product shoutout and all recommendations I make with this are fair game, provided everything you post is filled with entertainment value.
- Access to a sound library so that’s Boths platforms this allows user’s to the seamlessly attached sounds effects and music, and audio snippets to any content. And this meme and all that basic audio of what’s on it, from radio and beyond, and it’s access to sound libraries is all it takes to encourage brands to make all that video “loud” on their own.
- Filters and visual effects. And with that said, aesthetics matter to brands on social media. The visual effects and its filters make your videos “pop” plus they allow you to put your trademark on just about anything you post.
- Advertisement. And with that, I wonder, surprise: it’s becoming increasingly popular for short-form video ads only. Although TikTok ads are still relatively young, they are becoming a staple of influencer marketing campaigns and with that as creators show off their latest purchases.
- Opportunities to do this conversation for accounts only. Note that it is through the “Colab” option of Reels and the “Duet” of Tiktok, that they can interact with your accounts side by side and create completely new content at the same time.
- Reels vs TikTok: Tell us how they differ
- We’ll say it again: And remember, Tiktok and Reel are not the same! And that’s the main difference here and that which
This is what marketers should know:
- Video length. Let us tell you that since its launch, both Tiktok and Reels have actually increased the duration of their own videos. And with this, Tiktok started with 15, 30 and 60 seconds upload but now it It allows all videos up to 10 minutes long. And along with that Instagram reels also offers three video lengths of 15, 30 and 60-seconds. And with all of that, even with these extended options, the data says that making short format videos is a must for both platforms. is ideal for.
- Music and sound options. And with this, Tiktok users have the widest selection of audio content and Instagram business accounts are not allowed to use copyrighted music. That said, the most recent updates to all types of reels will include new text-to-speech and voice effects features.
- Audience. And with that, while both the platforms are popular with younger audiences, the social media demographics along with it indicates how popular TikTok is with Gen Z and all its teenagers.
- Availability. And friends, if you’re already on Instagram, you already have access to all those reels (which are available to access in 50 countries). On the other hand, TikTok has been banned in some regions due to censorship laws and has faced some scrutiny due to privacy concerns.
- Analytics. And with that TikTok Analytics tracks both the overall profile as well as all the individual video performances. This includes the big picture like total playing time, average viewing time, and all that geographic location in it. While Instagram users had to rely on similarly generic Instagram analytics, the platform only rolled out reel-specific data to gain specific insights. This includes metrics such as plays, interactions, reach, “likes”, comments, and saves.
Advertising opportunities. And with that, both platforms are rolling out new advertising features and rightly so. And with that said, it puts more emphasis on TikTok creator-based ads and campaigns itself versus the more traditional ones of Instagram, and that’s through the reels.
So can’t choose between it’s reels vs TikTok? Why not both?
Friends, let us tell you that the rapid growth of tiktok and the popularity of all the reels with it, both indicate the importance of short-form videos to move forward.
And with that, while competition is fierce in industries like fashion and beauty, there are plenty of opportunities when it comes to short-form branded videos.
Friends, if he wants to stick to one platform and he or she go with both, you need to brainstorm on how to link your social video campaigns to real business goals, and with that.
And with that said, if you haven’t already, be sure to read our guide to creating a social media marketing strategy that does exactly that.
Why are Instagram reels better?
What’s more, Instagram Reels allows users to create 15-second videos and share them in an easily searchable feed from within the app. And with that the primary benefit of having a lot of reels is brand awareness. This will enable you to see your content right on the Explore page and its endless feed of reels.
So can you get those followers from the reels itself?
Note that the more people you reach with your reels, the more likely they are to increase your follower count and engagement rate And that while the reels may have a very high reach compared to other formats on the platform, and with that, Instagram’s algorithm still prioritizes the reels and the ones that do it check a few boxes.
So is this reel good for growth?
And it’s only with the help of the reels that you can significantly increase your fan base. Recommended reels appear on the Explore page, and one where users and those not following you can view your content. Reaching new users can only increase your number of followers and expand your online presence And with that though, don’t expect to gain new viewers and followers overnight.