How To Permanently block a website on Chrome & block sites in incognito mode Android Device
June 28, 2022
Friends, let us tell you that in order to block access to all URLs except the URLs you have allowed on this managed Chrome browser and Chrome OS devices, you may have to use URL Blocklist as well as this URL Allowlist policies.
The URL blocklist policy lets you block access to all URLs, and while the URL blocklist policy allows you access to a limited list of URLs, it’s a playground for internet latency. Whether we’re doomscrolling on social media, on YouTube or shopping online – being productive has never been this hard.
So that’s but where human willpower fails – thank goodness it’s only for nifty tools.
Let us tell you that when we want to focus on a task and want to do more work and that is why blocking these distracting websites is a great strategy.
BlockSite is a free browser extension for Chrome and Firefox, and an app for Android and iOS that does exactly what it says: block websites for you. You can block sites individually and either by category, how you are using your devices, and then get usage reports on it, sync blocks across mobile and desktop , and so it can do a lot.
The easiest way to block a site is through your Google Chrome browser. In addition, this is an extension called BlockSite and it takes a few seconds for it to set up.
I’m showing you:
And That’s How To Block Websites With Google Chrome Only
- on the desktop
- on mobile device
And that’s only this bonus tool for you to block websites
- LeachBlock NG
- cold turkey
Tell it to free your attention by blocking sites
Then you can follow these steps to set up some parental controls or configure it only for shared computers.
How’s to The Block Website’s on Google Chrome on The Desktop
So that’s easiest ways to The Block website’s on The Chrome is to installation at simplest free extension called Blocksite.
It takes less than a minute to set up and you’ll only be able to block certain websites, set up productive ‘focus mode’ sessions, and so much more.
How to install blocksite
So be sure to check out this Google “Blocksite extension” and “Blocksite – stay focused and control your time”. And that’s either just click here: BlockSite.
You should see the following:
And then click on the blue box in the top right and the one that says “Add to Chrome”.
In the popup box, just hit “Add extension”.
- Note that it will then offer you a 7-day trial of Blocksite’s paid plans. If you want to stick to the free BlockSite – and then click the gray “Skip” button in the top right of it.
- To pin BlockSite itself to your toolbar, simply click the gray puzzle icon next to your toolbar. You just click on the pin next to BlockSite. And You Should Now to seeing an orange shields icons with a cancel symbol.
And that’s all, you’re all set to start blocking sites! And it has 2 ways to block websites:
Block websites list
- Click on BlockSite itself and hit the gear icon at the top of the popup window. When the Settings page opens, and that’s only it click on “Block sites” on the left side menu. Click on the bar and then type the URL of any website that you want to block.
- Tell that to block sites from this site itself
- And go to the website you want to block and click on the red BlockSite shield itself. So that’s Just clicks on The “Block this sites” in The pop-up Window’s.
- And along with adding this URL, you can also block sites based on certain words in the URL. It’s under their “Block by Words” tab.
- And How To Temporarily Block A Site In Chrome Using That Focus Mode
- You can also configure BlockSite so that some websites are temporarily blocked. This is great if you just want to block out distractions while you work.
And click on the BlockSite icon. Select the “Focus Mode” tab.
So Clicks to “Getting Started” & that’s or “Go to The Options”. And Then You Should see something’s like This:
- And that you set your own work and break the gap. The default timer setting is based on the Pomodoro Technique: 25 minutes of work followed by a 5-minute break.
- At the very bottom of the page, under “Blocked sites,” enter the URLs of the sites it wants to block.
- To start the session itself it clicks “Start a focus session”.
- Timer starts! And this so you can stop it at any time and either reset it. happy working.
Optionally this – you can set it so that you can only access certain sites when it is in focus mode. And then the rest of the internet will be blocked.
And that to activate it – type in the URLs and the ones you want to allow yourself to access (eg: your email, LinkedIn). Then, just tick the checkbox next to ‘Whitelist mode’.
And this is how you remove a site from your blocked list
Don’t want a specific site to be blocked anymore? Easy.
- First of all, go to Settings > Block Sites tab.
- Finding The site you wanted to unblocked and Clicks the red circle with a line through it.
- And so it’s unblocked now!
How to Block Websites on Google Chrome on Mobile
And that you find yourself constantly browsing on your phone? It’s also easy to block only those websites on mobile devices.
Block sites on android
Friends, let us tell you that there are many third-party apps that you can get on Android. and also. That we would recommend BlockSite again:
- And that’s it on Google Play Store and install it.
- To give access to the app, you will need to edit the accessibility settings (follow the step-by-step instructions of the app itself).
- Are you ready to block your first site only? Click on the plus sign.
- Search for a keyword or domain name and select the website and either this app or the one you want to block.
- Click Done. It is blocked now.
Blocking Sites on iOS
Unfortunately, Blocksite is not available as an app on the iPhone. However, there are many other great site-blocking apps out there like Freedom and Cold Turkey (below).
And This How To Block Websites Only In Incognito Mode On Android Phones
Incognito and either this private mode will keep your local browsing private, but it won’t prevent your ISP, school or employer from seeing where you are online. In fact, and that your ISP has access to all your browsing activity, no matter what you do.
- Opend The Google Play Store & install the “Blocksite” app.
- Once it’s downloaded, open the “Blocksite” app.
- When prompted, tap “Go to Settings” and enable the use of the app.
- Tap the green “+” icon to block your first website and either app.
Bonus tool for distraction and that much more
Here are some other useful tools to block distracting sites on desktop as well as mobile software:
1. LeechBlock NG (Chrome and Firefox)
LeechBlock NG is a free and simple browser tool that can block a list of sites. Not as comprehensive as BlockSite, but it does have some decent optimization tools – eg. And that’s why you can group sites into these categories.
2. Cold Turkey (Windows and macOS)
Let us tell you that according to the name, Cold Turkey only blocks some sites, the entire Internet or the entire Internet, except for some websites. You can even block certain Google searches! This statistic also displays the number of times you have attempted to access a blocked site.
3. Freedom (Windows, macOS, Android and iOS)
And the full suite of distraction-blocking devices. Block sites, entire nets, apps, and even sync across platforms. Freedom also has soundtracks with ambient noise. And it costs $7 per month but you can try that 7-day trial only.
Conclusion: And it’s only by blocking sites that free your attention
- Be aware that breaking these old browsing habits is hard. Sometimes the easiest way is to block certain websites on Chrome itself.
- If you’re looking for other ways to block a website on Chrome (without using a browser extension, here’s how to block a website) – Kinsta has written a handy guide here.
- Eliminating distractions will only help you get that much work out of your working hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I block a website in Chrome Productivity?
range. Note that this limit is a Chrome browser extension that allows you to limit your time only on distracting websites. To use the limit, just select the website that you find most distracting and choose a daily time limit. For example, you can limit yourself to ten minutes a day on Facebook and half an hour a day on Duolingo.
So can you do this permanently block only websites on Google Chrome?
Tell me, can you permanently block a website? Yes, and you can permanently block a website by using the Chrome extension on your desktop browser or by restricting website access through your computer or router settings.
And how can I block certain websites forever?
Following are the steps:
- First you open Google Chrome.
- To go to Settings, just click that three-dot menu icon in the top right corner.
- Under ‘People’, click on the option ‘Manage other people’. ,
- Click on ‘Add Person’ and also enter the name of the new user. ,
- Adding a List of The website’s you wanted to block.
And how can I permanently block a website in Chrome without an extension?
- And that but only an administrator can set this blocking.
- Sign in to the Google Admin console itself.
- Go to the Device’s > Chrome > Settings > Users & Browsers.
- And also choose to apply this blocked website to all users and browsers or specific of them only.
- Go to URL Blocking.
- Add to personal website address.
- Click Save.
How do website blockers work?
And that with URL blocking, a filter blocks the flow of web (HTTP) traffic while simultaneously checking the URLs that appear in the HTTP request against a local database or online service. Depending on the response, the URL filter will either allow or block connections to the requested web server.
How do you use Conscious Browsing?
Let him know that you specify which sites you want to care about your time on, and he provides a list of things you usually do instead. as well as me that Mindful Browsing doesn’t stop you from visiting sites – it simply asks if you want to go, and then reminds you 10 minutes later, if so.
So is it possible to block a website by itself?
Friends, as with most routers, you can block specific sites yourself, without the need for OpenDNS or any such service. And check your router’s documentation to see if it’s possible with that; In most cases, these instructions will be under a section called “access restrictions”.
And how do you set limits on websites?
To make this use of the limit itself, simply enter the websites that you find distracting and also select a daily time limit. For example, you can limit yourself to ten minutes a day on Facebook or half an hour a day on Duolingo. And that’s when you get close to your limit, the limit gently informs you that your time is almost over, so that’s all you can do.
And that how can I block all websites except some websites?
Please tell that to prevent the use of other web browsers on this computer, enable parental controls only. Click “Start,” type “Parent” and then press “Enter.” And then select a user, click “Allow and block specific programs only,” and then follow the onscreen prompts to block other browsers only.
So how do I restrict internet access to certain websites?
Tell that to open the browser and go to Tools (alt+x) > Internet Options. Now click that on the Security tab itself and then click on the red restricted sites icon itself. Click the Site button below that icon And now in the pop-up, manually type in the websites you want to block, one by one. Only after typing this name of each site, click on Add.
Can a router block a website?
No matter what operating system you use, changing the router settings will allow you to block sites on all browsers and computers. Keep in mind that this will affect everyone in your home and that or this business. Find your router’s IP, and type it into the address bar of any browser to go to its settings page.
So can you block sites in secret?
Note that by default, no extension settings are applied to incognito mode, and BlockSite is no exception. And that’s why to make sure you block a site like that while using Chrome’s Incognito Mode, go to the extension settings. If that’s you you’ve already closed the tab on, you should be able to find this BlockSite extension right in your toolbar.
So how do I permanently block a website on Chrome?
Like these are the following steps:
- You open Google Chrome.
- And just click on that three-dot menu menu at the top right corner to go to the settings.
- Under ‘People’, click on the option ‘Manage other people’. ,
- Click on ‘Add this person’ and then enter the name of the new user. ,
- of those websites Add the list and the people you want to block.
So what websites can track me in incognito mode?
Friends, if you sign in to a website in incognito mode, then only that site will know that you are browsing and from that moment it can track your activities. Prevent your activity and location from being visible to the websites you visit, your school, your employer, or your own Internet service provider.
So can you permanently block a website?
Note that to make sure that a site is always blocked, you can add the sites itself to this permanently blocked list of sites. You can block either this host IP address range, host name (one-time DNS lookup) by IPv4 or IPv6 host IP address, network IP address, or you can block this or that site by FQDN (including wildcard domains) only can block.