How to Download YouTube Videos on Mac Without Software – iOS, Android
July 2, 2022
What to know – The only legal way for you to download videos to your Mac is with a YouTube Premium subscription.
YouTube Premium: Click Download under any YouTube video. And that video you downloaded it can be accessed offline only through download tab.
And this article explains how to download YouTube videos to your Mac with a premium subscription.
How do I download YouTube videos to my Mac without software?
Then you just pause you video, control-click anywhere on the video and that (if you don’t know how to control-click it), and choose “Save video as” from the drop-down menu ( As shown in the screenshot below). Then a dialog box will appear asking you what you want to call the video and where on your Mac you want to save it.
And the best way for you to download YouTube videos on your Mac is through the platform itself. And with this YouTube Premium subscription, each video has a download button at the bottom of the video player and the one that is used to download the video.
So with an active premium subscription, just follow these steps to start downloading videos:
1. You navigate to YouTube in your browser and then open the video you want to download.
2. Select Download this just below the video player.
3. So once the video is downloaded, click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) on the top left of the screen and choose Download.
4. Then your video should now be available for offline viewing (you can test this by turning off your Mac’s Wi-Fi and then checking to see if the video playback starts).
5. In some countries, even while offline, you can navigate to YouTube.com and access your downloaded videos for up to 48 hours.
6. To change the download quality only, click on Downloads > Download Settings and then choose your preferred resolution.
7. How to Saving Youtube Video on Mac Using Native Tool’s
It used to allow direct video downloads from YouTube. But well no more So that’s because there’s now a native tool for the job. If you ask YouTube itself for this best YouTube downloader, it will probably suggest you to use YouTube Premium, which is a basic paid subscription service that lets you save content for offline viewing. allows. For a monthly cost of $11.99, you can have YouTube videos on iPhone and Android devices only. And here’s how it works:
- So that you open the video in your YouTube mobile app.
- Click on the download button at the bottom of the video player.
- Optimize the quality of the output itself.
- Once the video is downloaded, you’ll see a “Download complete” icon at the bottom of the player.
- And this app will automatically save your downloaded YouTube videos in Library or Account tab itself. Note that YouTube Premium membership only allows you to save videos on mobile devices. Thus, and friends that if you want to download YouTube videos on Mac, and then this will not help.
Save YouTube Videos on iPhone and iPad
If you want to download videos from YouTube to your iOS device, there’s a way to do it with Shortcuts, a native utility that helps you solve tasks faster than it does with your iOS apps. (So that By the way Short cuts are coming to The MacOS Monterey So This means Shortcuts may be available to download videos on Mac only in the future). For now, let’s focus on iOS:
- And you add the shortcut “Download YouTube” to your gallery (only open this link on your iOS device)
- Open the YouTube video you want to download in the YouTube app itself > Share button > More > Shortcuts
- On the Run shortcut screen, just tap your shortcut – this will prompt the download process
- Once the video is downloaded, you can choose to either save it to the Camera Roll and share it.
Unfortunately, many people have been reporting errors with this shortcut method lately. If you also can’t get it to work, here’s a solution: Download the video to your Mac itself and then transfer it to iPhone or iPad with AnyTrans. That sounds like an overkill, but AnyTrans actually makes the whole process really smooth.
AnyTrans for iOS is a file transfer and backup app that lets you manage your content across devices. Guess what, and it even has a YouTube download feature! So you can literally do it all in one app: 1) Download videos from YouTube; 2) Connect your iPhone or iPad; 3) Move video from this Mac to iOS in just this one click. works like a charm.
Save YouTube Videos on Android
So that one option is to The used YouTube Go, an alternative version of YouTube for Android that’s consumes less Network Data, So but naturally, work’s is very slowly And If you’re okay with spending more time than usual waiting for your download to finish, and then you can try this:
- Find YouTube Go on Google Play and download it to your phone
- search video
- And then tap on the video you want to download > Choose Quality > Download.
- If you have a Mac, that’s why we recommend AnyDroid, an app that downloads and sends your videos directly to your Android phone. It’s fast and requires minimal effort:
- Open AnyDroid on you Mac
- Media Downloader > YouTube . navigate to
- And then find the video you want to download > Choose quality > Download
- Right click on Device Manager, connect your Android phone to Mac and then move the video.
So it is to save YouTube videos on Mac without such software and the one that needs to be installed (for AnyTrans and then AnyDroid, you will need a SetApp subscription). Now let’s talk about third-party tools that not only answer the question of how to download YouTube videos, but they also provide additional features like flexibly trimming, converting and sharing your videos. are full of benefits.
How To Downloads YouTube Video with The YouTube Downloader
If you download media files frequently, you don’t want any extra fuss. Ideally, you want to get videos from YouTube in just one click. With browser extensions only that, you can! Get an app that supports extensions and then it creates your ideal workflow. And here are our favorite options:
1. Downey videos downloaders with that built-in search that for browser extension, is capable of savings videos from 1200+ websites only. Want to Download YouTube Videos Mac Chrome? And that just choose Chrome from the available extensions and give it a try.
2. Fox is the fastest video and torrent downloader we’ve seen with only extension support. It can split your downloads up to 20 streams to speed up the process and that – so if you have that particularly large file to download, you can get it up to 20x faster than normal. In Preferences itself, you can enable extensions for one of the most popular browsers.
3. Youtube The only supports extensions for three that browsers – Safari, Chrome and then Firefox – but there’s more to love about PullTube. We like it for the trimming tool and built-in file converter And friends, if you want to know how to save a YouTube video as this file of any quality and size, look no further.
Save videos from YouTube to mp3, mp4 and other formats
So whether it’s native YouTube Premium or a third-party application, most of the tools you use to download this content from YouTube itself will save video files in mp4 by default. There are various options for changing the format itself:
1. You can only recover audio from your video file – it’s only possible with apps like Downey and Fox.
2. Use Downey+ Permit to download and then convert it into different formats itself – from FLV to MKV to AVI. The two work well together and both are available with a Setapp subscription.
3. Friends, if you use AnyTrans or AnyDroid to transfer the downloaded videos to your phone, and that’s media downloader itself there is an option to convert this format.
How to save streaming video
And this streaming content is a big part of your internet traffic. Consider Vimeo, Twitch, YouTube, Dailymotion, and other platforms where you can watch live content. And relying on online streaming hinders your viewing experience in a number of ways – from limited data usage to network issues. Plus, Wi-Fi often fails you at the most critical moments. Therefore, you need a reliable tool that will help you capture that YouTube video.
1. If you are wondering how to watch favorite YouTube videos without downloading them, try Elmedia Player – it disables ads in YouTube videos itself. Yes, it is actually possible! And it just open Elmedia > Menu > Open Online Video > Paste Link > Play.
2. Note that if you want to do more than just remove the ads from a streaming video – maybe you need to remove music from it, add/remove subtitles, trim the video, or just keep it on your Mac. Required – A downloader like pulltube would work better here. It works with over 1000 websites including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook etc So It’s bestest featured, in our opinion, is the trimming tools. Instead of downloading the entire video, you can extract just a specific scene And so it can save you a lot of space on your Mac. To begin downloading, simply drag or paste the video link into PullTube.
3. Lastly, if you need to capture live streams that can’t be downloaded, use a screen recording tool like Capto. And it lets you record the entire screen, a specific window, or area — save the recording to your Mac, and you can edit it if you want.
How to Save YouTube Videos on Mac Online for Free
So it doesn’t want to install any software? Friends, if so, then you may prefer this online YouTube video downloader as compared to desktop software. To be honest, although much more convenient, an online YouTube downloader can cause more trouble than a desktop program itself. According to my own experience, there can be some problems when using the online tool itself to save YouTube videos to computer, and those include:
- ads keep popping up
- And this users is redirected to that other shopping site only
- Tool can’t find this video just according to the link
even more. And so fortunately, not all online YouTube downloaders are bothering. And that’s Keepvid here and the one that does just this well for getting videos from YouTube to your Mac.
Keepvid is one of the most popular online video downloaders and the one that allows you to download YouTube videos to your computer by entering a video link in the address bar. And also you will like it if downloading YouTube videos in different formats and quality is what you need. In addition, it also serves as an audio converter that will extract this music and that or other audio files from YouTube videos for you.
To download that YouTube video with Keepvid on Mac:
Step 1. First you go to YouTube and copy the URL of the video which you want to download.
Step 2. And that you go to https://keepv.id/ on your Mac and click on the “Download” button.
Step 3. And after this one analysis process, you will see the available download options, and so on which include videos of different quality and audios in different formats. Choose The format And Then click “Download” to Start downloadings a YouTube videos to your Mac.
Common YouTube video download problems and how to fix them
So he found your ideal video downloader, and that but problems persist? Well, maybe the downloader itself isn’t a problem. There are various factors, from your Mac’s performance to YouTube’s geo-restrictions, and the one that can block you from downloading videos. And here’s how to fix them.
How to unblock geo-restricted YouTube content?
So it may be that some videos are not available in your location, but there are still ways to access them. And then get a good VPN app that can only unblock geo-restricted content.
1. And that’s your shortcut with ClearVPN is the best. Unlike traditional VPNs that just switch locations, ClearVPN only has a one-click option to unlock American Netflix, Australian HBO, or Norwegian YouTube – you name it. And then it all suits your needs.
2. And that you can use ClearVPN to unlock you games, turn on anonymous browsing, and that you can change your IP, and all the usual things you can expect from a high-end VPN. Huh.
Fix “Friends You Video Download Failed” Problem
And that if your video downloader suddenly stops and shows “Download Failed” error, then the first thing to try is to simply quit and reopen the app. doesn’t work? And so in this case, you check if there is a copyright issue involved – make sure you only have this copyright holder’s permission to download the video.
Why is youtube not working?
Note that if you can’t play videos on YouTube, here are some things to try:
- And that you check your network connection. Even if it looks like you’re connected, there could be a problem and one that’s hard to detect. Tools like Netspot and WiFi Explorer will help you scan your network environment and identify potential issues. Then you can try to fix the problem using one of these tools or simply connect to a different network.
- And then play the video in Almedia player. Elmedia can play YouTube videos on Mac without ads – and it’s a great way to check if a video is even available. So friends that if you can play videos in Elmedia, then there is a YouTube problem. If not, the video may be unavailable right now.
- And that you restart your Mac – sometimes it helps for no reason at all.
Downloading From YouTube Is Too Slow What To Do?
First of all, it should be said that if you download large files (like a high-resolution movie), and it is okay that it takes longer to download. And that if you want to get the best possible speed, Fox to the rescue.
And if you notice that your downloader runs much slower than before, there may be a problem with your Mac’s performance. CleanMyMac X is a wonderful tool for diagnosing just such problems. Just run a Smart Scan to see if there’s some sort of malware and that or so is a performance issue that you can fix. Or, maybe your Mac has cluttered and needs cleanup just to free up storage space.
And that’s okay if you’re having trouble choosing your favorite. Some apps complement each other – like you can use Folx to capture large videos and transfer them with AnyTrans. So with a Setapp subscription, you can try out each of the mentioned YouTube downloaders (as well as other apps like WiFi Explorer, ClearVPN, and CleanMyMac X) for free, and choose the one that best suits your flow. And choose that or not. And that your Mac deserves them all.
How to Downloads YouTube Video for Mac with Chrome/Firefox
So that you want to download YouTube videos with browser? So if that’s exactly what you want, you can’t miss the helpful browser extension shown below, which allows you to save YouTube videos on Mac for free using Chrome or Firefox itself.
To download videos from YouTube with Chrome:
Step 1. You download the YouTube video and then go to Mp3 Downloader.
Step 2. And the webpage will automatically detect your browser. Confirm your browser as well as click on “Install via CROSSPILOT”.
Step 3. Download the extension and then install it. And also after this, restart the browser itself.
Step 4. And then go to YouTube and play the video and the one you want to download.
Step 5. And now you see that there is a Download button at the bottom of the video. Click the Download button to save the YouTube video directly to your laptop, or click the three dots next to it to select other available properties. (If you don’t see the Download button, click this YouTube video and MP3 downloader icon from the browser’s menu bar to download the video.)
To save YouTube videos on Mac with Firefox
Step 1. To add the extension You Go – Very Easy YouTube Video Downloader Express in Firefox.
Step 2. And restart Firefox.
Step 3. You go to YouTube and play the video and the one you want to download.
Step 4. Under Videos, click on the “Download” button and choose any one version (MP4 360p, MP4 720p, MP4 1080p, MP3…) to download.
Of course, there are video download tools for Safari. You can search on the internet and then you can choose this one of your choice.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Mac With VLC Media Player
So how can you download that YouTube video to your Mac for free? One of the answers is to use VLC media player. VLC is known as a free and then open source portable cross-platform media player software and streaming media. This enables you to download a YouTube video to your computer, be it Mac, PC or Laptop.
Step 1. Then you download and install VLC media player on your Mac and then launch this program.
Step 2. Go to YouTube and copy the link of the video you are trying to download.
Step 3. In VLC, select “File” > “Open Network”. In the “Open Source” window itself, paste the video URL into the address bar and click “Open.”
Step 4. And right-click on this video and then choose “Media Information”.
Step 5. Copy the content itself into the “Location” bar and paste the copied URL into the address bar. And then just press “return” to start playing on your browser.
Step 6. Right-click on the video and then choose “Save video as..” to start downloading the video from YouTube to your Mac.
How to Capture Videos from YouTube on Mac Only with Screen Recording Features
1. In addition to downloading videos from YouTube, you can choose to record the video and save it to your Mac. This method works best when you are unable to download YouTube videos due to copyright issues and that or other issues.
2. And to capture this screen, you can use the built-in screen recording feature in either macOS or Quicktime Player itself.
3. To use the built-in screen recording feature only: Press Command+Shift+5.
To use QuickTime only: Select “File” in QuickTime and select “New Screen Recording.”
Other Tips for Downloading YouTube Videos and Audios
And apart from downloading YouTube videos on Mac, there are times you need to save the video and either it’s audio files to other devices like iPhone or Android phone. Given this, here is a whole collection of ways to download items from YouTube. And whether you want to download YouTube videos to iPhone and either want to convert YouTube videos to MP3, all the tips below will get you what you need.
How to download YouTube videos on Mac FAQ
So Any questions left? Hopefully, we’ve covered them in this FAQ.
Which is the best video downloader for Mac?
The best overall video downloader for Mac is, in our opinion, 4K video downloader due to its great free version, unobtrusive interface, and variety of features. Another reason why we consider 4K to be the best overall video downloader for Mac is its one-time purchase policy.
How do I download that YouTube video to my Mac for free?
> With a SetApp subscription, you can try out all the reliable downloaders we’ve mentioned – AnyTrans, AnyDroid, Folx, Pultube, and Downie – for free with a 7-day trial. And that’s why we do not recommend you to use free online services to download videos and that, because you can download this malware by mistake.
Can I download videos from YouTube with YouTube Premium?
Yes, you can download a video to your mobile device with YouTube Premium as well. Also, this option doesn’t work on the Mac itself.
Why do my YouTube videos keep saying an error has occurred?
Friends, it may be that you need to update your browser itself, clear the cache and cookies, or just refresh the page. And then check out the most common video download problems listed below.
Why aren’t my YouTube videos downloading?
Please note that in some workplaces, downloading YouTube videos is prohibited, so a firewall may be blocking your download. And along with that, some copyright holders block the video downloader itself.
How do I download music from YouTube?
So that your YouTube Premium account will let you download tracks from the YouTube Music app. So that same rules applying: and once you’ve downloaded a videos or song, you can access it offline as long as you’ve downloaded it from your account on the site within the past month. have gained access to. YouTube Premium’s background listening also means you don’t have to leave the app open to hear just the playlists you’ve created.
How do I download YouTube videos to iPhone?
So with your YouTube Premium account, you can also download videos through the iOS app. After you sign in to your account on the YouTube app itself, go to the Watch page and then select Download below the video. Since YouTube links the videos and music you download to your account itself, you can see all of your downloaded items as long as you’re signed in, and no matter where you are. be on the platform.
How’s download YouTube videos to my Mac for free?
- MacOS 10.14 . This Best Free Youtube Downloader only for
- free youtube downloader. This is the highly recommended tool only for downloading YouTube videos on macOS 10.14.
- Airy. And also this app is one of the top free YouTube downloader for Mojave.
- any video converter.
- And then this MacX YouTube Video Downloader.
- ClipGrab for Mac only.
- Mac. This WinX HD Video Converter only for
So how do I download YouTube videos to my Mac 2022?
How to Download YouTube Videos for Mac with Chrome/Firefox
- Go to YouTube Videos and then to Mp3 Downloader.
- The webpage will automatically detect your browser. ,
- Download and install the extension. ,
- Go to YouTube as well as play the video you want to download.
- You will now see that it is a download button below the video.
So which is the best free YouTube downloader for Mac?
Best YouTube Downloader for Mac and Windows
- And this airy video downloader.
- YT Saver Video It Downloader.
- softorino youtube converter 2.
- 4K Video Downloader.
- And the WinX HD Video Converter.
- Wondershare YouTube Downloader.
- And then ITube Studio.
So can you save YouTube videos to your computer?
So you can easily download YouTube videos to your computer using VLC, or an app like WinX or MacX YouTube Downloader program. The paid versions of WinX and MacX only give you the option to download audio only, and not audio and video at once.
So how do I download MP3s from YouTube on Mac?
You must use it:
- And download this airy and set it up.
- And you open your browser, navigate to the YouTube Videos page. Copy the address from the text bar at the top.
- And open airy and paste the address into the search box. And choose “MP3” from its Format drop-down menu.
- You click on “Download”
So how do we get YouTube video thumbnails
Aside from the video as well as its songs, there’s another type you’ll want to get from YouTube – video thumbnails. Yes, EaseUS Video Downloader also helps in downloading YouTube thumbnails. Since it will get the highest quality of the image by default, and that if you want to download YouTube thumbnails of other qualities and that then you can try other online YouTube thumbnail grabbers.
So can I download a video from YouTube with YouTube Premium?”
So YouTube Premium Subscriptions give you that permission to download videos from YouTube, but only on mobile devices like phones and tablets. Thus, if you try to save YouTube videos on Mac only, it won’t help.
“Why can’t I download YouTube videos?”
Friends that if you are going to download a private video or a video containing music, then you may fail and that because these videos can only give rise to copyright issues.
So that now you not only know how to download YouTube videos on your Mac but also learn all these other tips to download video/audio files from YouTube to other devices. And that if you find this detailed guide helpful, don’t hesitate to share it with others as well.