Snapchat has finally introduced the ability to change your username or display name without even deleting your Snapchat account.
After years of asking Snapchat for this special feature, that social media company has finally given up.
You can Change Snapchat Username once a year:
So that at this point in time, you can change your username to one that is not previously owned by anyone else, including yourself. This means that once you change your username, you will not be able to revert the change, and so choose wisely!
How to Change Your Snapchat Username
- First you open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Then tap your Bitmoji in the top-left corner of the screen.
- After that, Click on the Setting’s icon in The Top Right corner.
- Tap on Username under My Account.
- Then enter your desired username in the Now text box.
- If a username of your choice is available, tap the blue Next button.
And that if you’re not sure what your username is, tap your profile icon at the top of the screen – your username is shown just below your display name.
Please note: So you can still find that other people on Snapchat by searching for their display name and either their latest username.
Snapchat Display Name vs Username
So your display name is how you appear on Snapchat—it’s different from your username! And that you can even customize your display name whenever you want!
How to Change Display Name on Snapchat
So adding your display name to Snapchat is a great way to help friends recognize you — and because let’s face it, usernames aren’t always that easy to understand.
So your username can only be changed once a year, but that is but you can change your display name whenever you want!
This display name is character number 30 (including spaces)
Create or Change Snapchat Display Name:
- First you tap ️ in My Profile to open Settings
- Then under the ‘My Account’ section you tap on ‘Name’
- You enter your display name and then tap ‘Save’
So this Snapchatter will continue to see the display name you chose the first time you add them, but this new friends should see your updated display name.
PLEASE NOTE: So Snapchatters whose phonebook you’re in can see the same name as the one they saved you on their phone.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a manufacturer, and that is you, please ensure that your display name complies with our best practice guidelines.
Snapchat is letting you change your username
Snapchat is allowing you to change your username. And this before, you could only change your Snapchat display name, but never your username.
And that’s if you want to have a different username on Snapchat, and then your only option was to delete your account completely and start a new one.
And now that is no longer the case. Starting February 23, 2022, all other Snapchat users will be able to change their usernames on the app on both the iOS and Android apps.
What you need to know before changing your Snapchat username
So you can only change your Snapchat username once a year, so think carefully about the name you choose. And once you change your Snapchat username, you may not be able to use your old username again.
So you won’t even be able to choose a username that has been used by any other Snapchat user in the past. This also means that you can’t choose a username and one that is registered but inactive.
And lastly, changing the username won’t affect anything on your Snapchat account, including your Contacts, Snap Codes, Snap Score, and Memories.
What can you do if your Snapchat account is locked?
That if your Snapchat account has been locked, and that may mean that we have detected some activity on your account that violates our Terms of Service and/or Community Guidelines. This is done to keep the app fun and it safe for everyone else.
What can you do if your account is locked?
Your account has been temporarily locked
And that if you get a message that your Snapchat account has been temporarily locked, you can try logging back into the app and either the web by going here and selecting ‘Unlock’. And before logging in again, be sure to take a look at some of the common reasons why your account might be locked down, and that it could be permanently locked otherwise.
Your account has been Permanently locked
And that if you try to unlock your account and see a message that says it’s permanently locked, and our Snapchat support team won’t be able to unlock it for you.
Snapchat account has been locked because it’s compromised
If you try to log in to your account and see a message that it looks like your account has been compromised, then contact our support team here and fill out the form. We’ll contact You via Emails Account Only.
Please Note: We are therefore only able to provide support for accounts that have been tampered with via this form. Be sure to include an email address and one that you have access to so that you can receive a response from support. And we may also need to request additional information to verify your identity, such as your username, when you lost access to your account, etc.
Reasons Your Snapchat Account May Be Locked
You can learn about why your account may be locked and how to prevent it from happening again (and even being permanently locked!) in the future.
Please note: This Snapchat support team is not able to unlock all accounts that are permanently locked.
Your Snapchat account may be locked if:
- You are using a third-party app, plugin and or tweak to access Snapchat and either this Snapchat Services
- How to prevent locking: Don’t install any third-party apps, plugins, or tweaks. And that if your account was temporarily locked, and only uninstall them before trying to unlock it or it could be permanently locked. Continued use of third-party apps or tweaks, sending spam, and other abusive behavior may result in your account being permanently locked. Please see our Terms of Service for that much more information.
- Sending spam or other behavior that is against our Community Guidelines.
- How to avoid getting locked out: You should avoid sending this spam or other behavior that is against our Community Guidelines. And that we prohibit spam and other deceptive practices, including manipulating content for deceptive purposes or copying Snapchat content formats.
- We’ve detected suspicious activity on your account and that (for example, you’ve sent too many friend requests to multiple Snapchatters in a short period of time.)
- How to prevent getting locked out: And this one Verify your email and either phone number for additional account security.
- We have found that your account can be tampered with and it is locked to keep it safe
- How to avoid getting locked out: Practice some of the best ways to keep your Snapchat account safe.
Logging in From a Restricted Device
How to Avoid Blocking: Keep in mind that we may restrict a device from accessing Snap’s services only in severe cases and where an account violates our Terms of Service or Community Guidelines. Snapchatters whose accounts have been terminated have also been banned from creating new accounts.
Account Opening Scam
And that as mentioned above, if it’s your account is permanently locked, there’s no way to unlock it. However, there are scammers out there on the internet and the ones who will promote fake unlocking services for Snapchat accounts, and it is often claimed that they are hackers or Snapchat employees who use your money or even for free. You can unlock the account.
They can contact you on various social media platforms or online forums only. These types of scammers will eventually ask you to pay with a gift card or even PayPal. You may also be asked to pay for the service itself, purchase software on the dark web, and an access code to access either account. We will never request money from you just for Snapchat support.
And do not share your username or password with anyone, including anyone claiming to provide these services and – they are not valid. And these scammers can collect your username and password and then use it to compromise your other online accounts, or other cyber threats.May do the same for engaging in malpractices or fraud.
The only way to unlock your account is described in the section ‘If your account has been locked and what can you do’ above.
What to do when you’re Network is Blocked
This an IP address block is usually temporary.
That is once suspicious activity is not detected, and that block should go away on its own for some time. and just be patient
If you can’t log into Snapchat because your network is still blocked and what you can do:
- So be sure to follow Snapchat’s community guidelines
- You switch to a different Wi-Fi connection
- Then turn off Wi-Fi and use mobile data
- And that if your device is on a VPN, disable it and then log in to Snapchat again
- If you’re still having trouble logging into Snapchat, check out these other troubleshooting tips for login issues.
How to Reset Snapchat Password
Never share your password with anyone — not even us! A Snapchat representative will never ask you for your password. And so we don’t need it to help you.
So that if you have a verified phone number or email associated with your account, and that you can reset your password from the Snapchat login screen. And that you can also reset your password through email.
To Reset your Snapchat password via email from the Snapchat login screen:
- ‘Forgot your password?’ tap
- And you then choose how you want to reset your password — via email
- Then it you should receive a password reset link via email itself on the email address associated with your account
- Click on the URL – and if you can’t click on the URL, please copy and paste the URL into your browser
- Finally, just enter your new desired password!
To reset your Snapchat password via SMS from the Snapchat login screen:
- ‘Forgot your password?’ tap
- And you then choose how you want to reset your password — via SMS
- A verification code should then be sent to the phone number associated with your account
- Then enter the verification code and select ‘Continue’
- And finally, you enter your new desired password!
Pro Tip: Choose a password that is at least 8 characters long that doesn’t contain your name, username, phone number, birthday, and other personal information. You are best off including a mix of numbers, symbols and/or uppercase and then lowercase letters in your new password.
Also, if you have login verification enabled, you may only need your verification or recovery code to log in
For security reasons, we are unable to reset the password for an account if:
So the email address you are writing to is not associated with the account
and you do not know the associated email address and/or phone number
and you don’t have access to the email address and/or the phone number associated with the account
How to delete your snapchat account
Delete Your Snapchat Account on iOS.
- First you tap on the ️ button in the profile screen to open the settings
- Scroll down to ‘Then Account Actions’
- Tap ‘and then delete account’
- You follow the steps to delete your account
How to Delete Your Account on Android or the Web
Go to the Accounts portal and then type in the username of the account as well as your password that you want to delete. (Please keep this information in case you change your mind and want to reactivate your account.)
After you take steps to delete your account, it will be deactivated for the first 30 days only. And that while your account is inactive, your friends won’t be able to contact and interact with you on Snapchat either.
And after this additional 30 days, that your account will be deleted permanently. This means that your account, account settings, friends, snaps, chats, story, device data and then location data in our main user database will be deleted.
How to clear conversations from friends feed on Snapchat?
To clear a chat from the Chats screen on a Snapchat account:
- First tap on ️ button in profile screen to open Settings.
- Scroll down and then tap ‘Clear Conversation’.
- And tap the ‘✖️’ next to a name to clear a conversation.
- Please note: You will not delete any saved and sent content by clearing a conversation.
So can you change your Snapchat username 2022?
First you open your Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji icon on the top-left corner. Then from you profile page, tap on the Settings icon at the top-right corner. 2. Under the “My Account” setting, just tap “Name” to change your display name.
How do you change your username on Snapchat 2022?
So here’s how to change your Snapchat display name on mobile:
- First you open your Snapchat app.
- Go to “My Profile” and then you click on the “Settings” wheel icon.
- And click “Name” to delete, edit or type a new display name.
- So once you’ve entered your new display name, tap “Save” and everyone on your profile will see it.
Will Snapchat Ever Allow Username Changes?
But now that is not the case. Starting February 23, 2022, all Snapchat users will be able to change their usernames on the app on both the iOS and the Android apps.
How do I hide my Snapchat username?
The easiest way you can hide your username is to make it a display name. And this is what your friends will see your name in chats, stories and it’s everywhere. Although people can still see your username and that if they click on your profile, at least it will help to cover it up with something you like.
How do you change the font name of Snapchat?
So Snapchat fonts are easy to use. And all you have to do is enter your text in the text box at the top of the tool and wait for the tool to generate that fancy text for Snapchat itself. You can copy these text and you can paste them on your Snapchat profile bio. And then you will be able to see your changed fonts on Snapchat.
Can you have 2 accounts on Snapchat?
This could also be your question, and it is not the answer. Snapchat lets you create a personal and a business account and that (which you have to switch between them). Because social media administrators know that some of you may need more than one account for various reasons.
Why can’t I change my Snap username 2022?
So at this point in time, you can only change your username to one that is not previously owned by anyone else, including yourself. This means that once you have changed your username, you will not be able to revert the change, and so choose wisely!
How many Snap users are there?
As of the first quarter of 2022, Snapchat has 332 million daily active users worldwide. And that’s an increase from the third quarter in 2021, and that was 306 million.
What does the name Gray mean on Snapchat?
If you have a gray box next to that person’s Snapchat name, that means you’ve never snapped with that person. And it could also be that the person didn’t accept your friend request because of which you are not able to send snaps to that person.