What is Erectile Dysfunction (ED)?
So that Erectile dysfunctions (ED) it’s inability the achieve and maintain or that’s erection sufficiently for intercourse. And at the same time, it is sometimes referred to as impotence, and at the same time, although the term is now used less frequently.
Note that this contemporary ED is not uncommon. Many people experience this during times of stress. And with that said, however, frequent ED can be a sign of health problems and ones that require that treatment. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship difficulties that you want to address with a professional.
What causes an erection?
Be aware that problems at any stage of the erection process can lead to ED. And along with this, that erection is a result of increased blood flow to your penis. Blood flow is usually driven either by sexual thoughts or by direct contact with your penis.
Friends, when a person with a penis is sexually aroused, then the muscles inside the blood vessels in the penis get very relaxed. And at the same time, it allows increased blood flow through the penile arteries, filling the two chambers inside the penis. And as soon as these chambers fill with blood, the penis becomes hard.
Let me tell you that this erection ends when the muscles in the blood vessels contract and with this, the accumulated blood can come out through the veins of the penis.
Due to erectile dysfunction
Note that there are many possible causes of ED, and they can include both emotional and physical conditions. Common reasons include:
- such as heart disease
- and this diabetes
- and that high blood pressure, or high blood pressure
- like that high cholesterol
- and this low testosterone level or that other hormone imbalance along with it
- you have kidney disease
- and your age
- worry you
- you have depression
- you have relationship problems
- And in addition, some prescription drugs, such as those used to treat high blood pressure or depression
- sleep disorders
- and drug use
- and with it excessive alcohol consumption
- and that using tobacco products
- and parkinson’s disease
- And also I have multiple sclerosis (MS)
- injury to you and damage to the pelvic area either through your surgery
Tell that this Peyronie’s disease, due to which scar tissue develops in the penis
And also my ED can be caused by only one of these factors or many of them. And friends, that’s why it’s important to work with your doctor and so that they can rule out any underlying medical condition and either treat it. And here’s to know more about the causes of ED itself.
Erectile dysfunction diagnosis
Be aware that testing for ED may involve several steps, including a physical exam, as well as checking your health and sexual history. Your doctor may also order additional tests to determine if your symptoms are due to an underlying condition.
like that physical exam
Expect a physical exam, and that’s as far as your doctor:
- So that listen to your hearts and lungs
- and you check your blood pressure
- and you he check your own testicles and penis
- And in addition, they may recommend a rectal exam to check your prostate.
Explain that your doctor will ask you questions and either request that you fill out a questionnaire about your symptoms, and your health history and sexual history. And with that, my responses can help them evaluate the severity of your ED.
Some questions they may ask include:
- Tell me, how long have you been experiencing ED? Did it come suddenly and or gradually?
- And so, do you have any problems with feeling sexual desire, reaching ejaculation or orgasm?
- And so how often do you have sex? Has this frequency changed recently?
- And that’s how firm are your erections? And is it affected by the particular circumstances or type of stimulus?
- Friends, do you wake up with an erection in the morning or in the middle of the night?
- How is your current relationship? And that is what are you and your partner’s expectations from each other? And what are those changes?
- Are you experiencing a lot of stress lately?
- What medicines are you currently taking? And that do you use tobacco, alcohol, or over-the-counter drugs?
- So friends, do you have any underlying condition or have you had any surgery or injury in your pelvis and that area?
- additional test
Be aware that your doctor may do additional tests to help diagnose your ED. And also he/she can appear in the test:
- Ultrasound. The ultrasound can be used to examine the blood vessels of the penis as well as to determine if there is a problem with the blood flow to the penis.
- and the nocturnal penile tumescence test. A portable, battery-operated device, as well as one that is worn on the thigh, is used to evaluate the quality of your nocturnal erections. And that your device stores data that your doctor can access later.
- injection test. Explain that during this test, a medicine is injected into your penis only to stimulate this erection. And also it allows your doctor to evaluate the firmness of the erection and how long it lasts. And at the same time, this type of test can also be combined with ultrasound to further increase the erection.
- urine test. This urine test can also check for diabetes or other underlying health conditions.
- blood test. These blood tests can check for conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, thyroid issues and those low levels of testosterone.
- These tests can help your doctor guide your treatment as well as determine whether an underlying condition may be causing your ED. And also how that blood test can help you diagnose ED, and friends, learn more about that.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction
Be aware that the treatment for ED will depend on the underlying cause. You may also need to use a combination of treatments, including medication and either talk therapy.
Friends, let us tell you that your doctor can prescribe medicine to help you manage the symptoms of ED. And with that said, you may have to try several drugs before you find the one that works. And that is, the following oral medications stimulate your blood flow to your penis itself to help treat ED:
- such as avanafil (Stendra)
- and sildenafil (Viagra)
- and that tadalafil (Cialis)
- and with it vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
- Alprostadil (Caverject, Edex, MUSE) is another medication that may be used only to treat ED. So that’s can be a administered in to ways: so that as a penile suppository, or a self-injection at that base or side of the penis.
In most cases, however, alprostadil is not used alone as an injection, and instead the combination drug Trimix (alprostadil, as well as the phentolamine, papaverine) is used.
Be aware that if your testosterone level is low, and only then your doctor may recommend testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
Be aware that these drugs used for other conditions can cause ED. Also, talk to your doctor about your medications and whether they may be causing your symptoms. And with that you can take others instead. Do not stop taking medicines without first talking to your doctor.
Be aware that these medicines for ED can cause side effects. Also, if you are experiencing any unpleasant side effects, talk to your doctor. And so they may be able to recommend a different drug. And at the same time find out more about the drugs I use to treat ED.
such as talk therapy
And it is many psychological factors that can cause ED, including:
- as you stress
- and worry about you
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- And friends, if you’re experiencing psychotic ED, that’s when you can benefit from talk therapy.
And this over several sessions, you and your therapist will discuss:
- And friends, that is the main stress or anxiety factor.
- and friends that sex around your feelings
- And also my subconscious conflicts that can affect your sexual well-being
- And friends, if ED is affecting your relationship, and only then consider talking to a relationship counselor. Relationship counseling can help you emotionally reconnect with your partner, as well as help your ED. And it then explores the effects of stress and anxiety on ED.
As such, this treatment uses the creation of a vacuum to stimulate an erection. Using the device brings blood to the penis, and with it an erection.
So that’s a vacuum pump devices and the consists of a few differents components:
- A plastic tube, say the one that you put over your penis
- And that’s a pump, and the one that works by pulling air out of that plastic tube to create a vacuum.
- an elastic ring, which it will attach to the base of your penis as soon as you remove the plastic tube
- The elastic ring works to maintain an erection, retaining blood in the penis and preventing it from returning to the circulation. You can leave it in its place for 30 minutes only.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction
Explain that trouble getting an erection and difficulty in maintaining an erection during sexual activities are the most common symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
So he joins other sexual disorders related to ED:
- and premature ejaculation
- and that delayed ejaculation
anorgasmia, and the inability to achieve orgasm only after sufficient stimulation
Talk to your doctor if you have any of these symptoms as well, especially if they last for 3 or more months. And with that, they can help determine whether your symptoms are caused by an underlying condition that requires treatment.
Alternative ways to manage erectile dysfunction
and that kegel exercise In addition, Kegel exercises are simple movements that you can do to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles that much. This way:
- And with that you identify your pelvic floor muscles. To do this, stop urinating in between. And friends, the muscles you use to do this, as well as those are the muscles of your pelvic floor.
- Now that you know where these muscles are, just contract them for 3 seconds. Then release them.
- And friends, repeat this exercise continuously for 10 to 20 times, three times a day.
So that’s a so small in 2005 study compares 2 group of the men with ED. And with that he was the first group of men to do pelvic floor muscle exercises regularly with a physiotherapist. She also received biofeedback as well as lifestyle change advice. The other group only got that lifestyle change advice.
Friends, the men in the first group saw that after 3 months of regular pelvic floor muscle exercises, their penis function improved significantly. Men in the second group saw little improvement after 3 months.
Let us tell you that for the next 3 months, all the participants were given practice at home to perform. Overall, after 6 months, 40 percent of all participants, including some men who belonged to another group, had recovered this very normal erectile function.
A 2019 literature review also concluded that pelvic floor exercises were effective in treating both ED and premature ejaculation. However, it should be noted that the researchers did not identify an ideal exercise plan in terms of conditions such as frequency and intensity.
Let me tell you that you may find that in the beginning it is easier to do Kegels while lying down. After all, and friends that when you are sitting and either this standing and that’s then you can start trying them.
Not only is it good for your overall health, not only is moderate to vigorous exercise. And in addition, it can also increase blood flow, possibly helping with ED Examples include running and swimming as well.
Friends, a 2018 review of 10 studies examined the effect of aerobic exercise on ED itself. And in addition, from their review, the investigators concluded that only 160 minutes of weekly exercise for 6 months could reduce erectile problems as little as that.
Notably, another 2018 study examined physical fitness as well as testosterone levels in 87 men with ED. Researchers found that testosterone levels were negatively correlated with your level of body fat as well as your belly fat. And friends, it shows that exercise can increase testosterone in addition to reducing body fat.
It should be noted that before starting a new exercise plan, always discuss it with your doctor. This is especially important for people with heart disease or another underlying condition, and those who may be aggravated by vigorous activity. And with that, learn more about exercise and ED.
Let us tell you that this yoga can help you only in relaxing your mind and body. Also, since stress or anxiety can cause or contribute to ED, the practice of yoga can be an effective way to reduce ED symptoms.
In fact, in an older 2010 study of 65 men between the ages of 24 and 60, it was found that sexual activity increased significantly after a 12-week program of yoga sessions. And along with this, I will find five yogasanas that can help with ED.
Erectile dysfunction foods
Let us tell you that this ED is often related to problems with blood flow. Maintaining your own blood vessel health can be beneficial in both preventing and treating ED. You can only achieve this by making some lifestyle choices, and at the same time eating a healthy diet.
A small 2021 study suggests further that a plant-based diet may be helpful in treating ED. And find out what other types of foods you want to add to your grocery cart.
- And This So Erectile Dysfunction Natural Treatment
- And guys, for a few people, that natural remedy can help treat ED.
Herbs & Supplements
Here are some herbs and supplements that have been shown to treat ED, with varying degrees of success including:
- And that’s dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
- and this ginseng, like Korean red ginseng
- And with that I yohimbe
- Horny goat weed as well as zinc may help.
It should be noted that unless you talk to your doctor first, do not buy herbs and supplements for ED treatment only. Many are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at all, which means they may contain additional ingredients that are not listed on their labels.
Additionally, some supplements, such as Yeh Toh Yohimbe, are associated with all sorts of potentially dangerous side effects.
Friends if that your doctor may also be able to recommend reputable brands. And also I avoid buying the products online, and at the same time, unless your doctor confirms that they are safe. And with that, get more expert advice on herbs for ED itself.
Acupuncture is a type of traditional Chinese medicine in which needles are inserted into the skin at specific locations or at the same time acupoints. And friends, it is believed that acupuncture does much of this through nerve stimulation, and that it then affects the release of neurotransmitters.
It is not clear how acupuncture works for the treatment of ED. Studies on its effectiveness are limited, and the ones that exist are often inconclusive. A 2019 review suggests some evidence and that acupuncture may only help treat psychological ED.
And also, when choosing an acupuncturist, look for a certified one who uses disposable needles and also follows FDA guidelines for needle disposal and sterilization. And you can learn more about the use of acupuncture in the treatment of ED as well.
Friends, let us tell you that there are many options for people looking for natural ways to treat their own ED. And also try one of the above options and either or a combination of them. You can also combine treatments such as acupuncture with Viagra and other traditional medicines. And with that, I know more about the impact of lifestyle changes on ED itself.
Erectile dysfunction surgery
Note that this is in cases where medications are not effective, and your doctor may also recommend surgical treatment. And with that, there are two types of procedures that can be used: implants as well as vascular surgery.
Let us tell you that a surgeon can place a penile implant in the penis, and that is also called a prosthesis.
Keep in mind that these are two different types. An inflatable implant also allows you to use a pump to enlarge your penis, and friends, whereas a malleable implant allows you to manually adjust it to the position of your penis. That he allows a lot.
Note that these penile implants are usually reserved for severe ED and those that have been unresponsive to conventional ED treatments.
It is to be noted that vascular surgery repairs arteries that may be blocked. And that type of surgery is rare, and is usually reserved only for people with pelvic trauma that leads to vascular injury.
It is to be noted that this type of surgery can help restore adequate blood flow to the penis. And guys, they’re usually the better candidates for this type of procedure.
Keep in mind that every surgery has its advantages and disadvantages. If you decide to have those surgeries for ED only, and only then be sure to discuss these with your own doctor.
Be sure to check out this guide to penile implants, plus how to put them in place, and find out what recovery goes like.
Erectile dysfunction and diabetes
Please tell that ED and diabetes can happen together. In fact, according to a 2014 review, the risk of developing ED in men with diabetes is about 50 percent. And for that but why is it like that?
Explain that this diabetes affects how your body processes glucose. And with this, when your body does not store glucose properly, it is only then that excess glucose can be found in your blood, and in addition to that, which can lead to high blood sugar. And that’s two major types of diabetes: and type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Be aware that having high amounts of sugar in your blood can damage your blood vessels and nerves. And at the same time, this damage can also affect the blood vessels and nerves located around the penis, as well as the difficulty in getting or maintaining an erection.
Be aware that if you have diabetes, it is important that you work with your doctor to manage your blood sugar levels. It can only help you prevent the damage that can lead to ED. Explore the connection between ED and type 2 diabetes as well.
Let us tell you that according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, that is only about 30 million U.S. Men have ED.
And with this the prevalence of ED increases with age. In addition, the University of Wisconsin estimates that mild and or moderate ED affects only 10 percent more men for each decade of life. For example, 60 percent of men in their 60s may experience some form of ED that much.
However, ED can also occur in young people. A 2013 study found that 1 in 4 men who sought first aid for ED were under the age of 40. The researchers also found a stronger association between smoking, drug use, and ED in these men than in older men. Moreover, this suggests that lifestyle choices may be a contributing factor to ED in young men.
Friends, although the risk of ED increases with age, ED is not inevitable. And with that in general, the healthier you are, the better your sexual function will be. And with that, learn more about your aging and ED.
Let us tell you that there are many steps you can take to help prevent ED. And at the same time, many of these steps involve making healthy lifestyle changes. And that’s because they’re not only to prevent ED, but also to improve your overall health. are also good for
And follow that advice below to help prevent ED:
- It manages heart disease as well as medical conditions like diabetes.
- And friends, make sure that you do regular exercise.
- And this you maintain moderate weight.
- And you focus on eating a healthy diet.
- And find ways to reduce or manage your stress.
- And friends, if you are experiencing anxiety or depression, seek help.
- And that if you smoke then quit smoking.
- And consume this alcohol only in limited quantity.
And so avoid using medicines that have not been recommended by your doctor.
Also, be sure to stick with his regular checkups. And this your doctor will monitor important clinical measurements like your blood pressure as well as that cholesterol level. And at the same time, it can help you in early detection and treatment of conditions that could potentially lead to ED. Find out how to prevent and treat ED.
What is the cause of erectile dysfunction?
Let us tell you that these are many common causes of erectile dysfunction. And with that some of them may include:
- and existing health conditions
- and these diseases
- and stress you
- and drug use
- you drink alcohol
- relationship issues
- you grew older
Tell me how do I know whether my erectile dysfunction is physical or mental?
And friends, that if your doctor diagnoses erectile dysfunction, and he or she will examine you only to find out the root cause. Maybe, they’ll give you a physical exam, and one where they’ll examine your vital organs as well as your genitals.
They may also give you a psychological exam, where they will ask you questions about your health history, including your sexual as well as your mental health.
It should be noted that the results of these tests will help determine whether your erectile dysfunction is physical and either it is mental.
So can I combine erectile dysfunction treatments?
Be aware that your specific treatment plan will depend on the cause of your ED, and the treatment options will be decided by your doctor.
Be aware that this treatment may involve a combination of drugs, therapy, and either device, and you may need to try different treatment options before finding one that works.
Be aware that in many cases, this is the only way you can improve your ED symptoms. And with that there are many medicines and treatments available as well. And with that, some devices, such as vacuum pumps, can also help you manage your symptoms temporarily so that you can continue having sex.
Explain that your treatment plan will depend on a number of factors, including the severity of your ED, as well as whether it is caused by a specific health condition. That’s You’re doctor a will be a work closely with that you are to that explains the benefits and risks associated with each type of treatment.
It’s a importantly to that remembered that ED is a common condition And also if you are experiencing symptoms of ED, discuss them with your doctor as soon as possible. That way, they can rule out the underlying cause and start a treatment plan at the same time.