Friends, if you have diarrhea, and
You will usually experience loose, watery stools as well as an urgent need to have a bowel movement several times a day. And this diarrhea can be acute or chronic.
Tell friends that acute diarrhea occurs when the condition lasts for 1 to 2 days. You may also experience diarrhea due to either viral or bacterial infection that you eat or drink.
Let us tell you that chronic diarrhea means that most of the days it is diarrhea for more than 3 to 4 weeks. And with that, I include some of the common causes of chronic diarrhea:
It may be noted that irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a condition of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), such as celiac disease, which affects the absorption of certain nutrients.
What is the cause of diarrhea?
Let us tell you that you may experience diarrhea due to many conditions or circumstances. And with that, the possible causes of diarrhea include:
- Explain that it is rotavirus, norovirus and viral and it is viral infection including gastroenteritis.
- bacterial infections, including salmonella and E. coli
- and this parasitic infection
- you have intestinal disease
- you have food and intolerance that’s such as lactose intolerance.
- an adverse reaction to a drug
- and this then gallbladder or abdominal surgery
And rotavirus is the most common cause of acute diarrhea globally. And according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), this infection causes about 40 percent of hospitalizations in children under the age of 5. Globally, the majority of diarrheal deaths are due to contaminated water supplies as well as inadequate sanitation.
Be aware that in the United States, food poisoning from eating contaminated foods makes you more likely to get diarrhea. And with this, according to the CDC, in the United States alone, about 48 million diarrheal diseases are caused by contaminated food annually.
Be aware that chronic diarrhea can be a symptom of a more serious condition, such as your irritable bowel syndrome or inflammatory bowel disease. Frequent and severe diarrhea can be a sign of intestinal disease and either it is a functional bowel disorder.
What are the symptoms of diarrhea?
Let us tell you that the main symptoms of diarrhea are frequent loose, watery stools and that strong desire to have bowel movements.
Let us tell you that there are many different symptoms of diarrhea. And then you can feel that, this, only one of these, or any combination of all of them. Symptoms depend on the cause. It is also normal to feel more than one of the following:
- your nausea
- pain in your stomach
- your cramps
- you bloated
- And you have this urge to empty your bowels again and again
- a large amount of your stool
- dehydration of you
- you have dehydration and diarrhea
Be aware that diarrhea can cause you to lose fluids quickly and at the same time put you at risk of dehydration. And with that, if you don’t get treatment for diarrhea, and that’s the only serious side effects it can have. Symptoms of dehydration only include:
- tired you
- you have dry mucous membranes
- your increased heart rate
- you have a headache
- dizzy you
- your increased thirst
- you lack urination
- you have dry mouth
- And you should consult your own doctor as soon as possible if you think that your diarrhea is causing dehydration.
Tell that it is diarrhea in your babies and young children.
Your children are especially susceptible to diarrhea and dehydration. And at the same time, the CDC reports that diarrhea and all of its complications are responsible for 1 in 9 child deaths annually worldwide, and that it’s More commons in a childrens younger more than 5 years old so that’s the second leading causes of the death in.
Be aware that you should call your child’s doctor if you notice signs of dehydration and either seek emergency care, such as:
- decrease in your urination
- your dry mouth
- you have a headache
- tired you
- tears when you cry
- your dry skin
- your sunken eyes
- your sunken fontanel
- make you sleepy
- your irritability
What are the treatment options for diarrhea?
Let us tell you that research shows that it is usually only necessary to replace lost fluids for the treatment of diarrhea. And friends, this means that you need to drink a sports drink like this, then more water and either this or this electrolyte replacement drink.
Be aware that in more severe cases, it is only through intravenous (IV) therapy that you can get these fluids. If this bacterial infection is the cause of your diarrhea, and it is only then your doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
You’re doctor will be decide your treatments based on:
- You have diarrhea and the severity of the related condition
- and you have the frequency of diarrhea and related conditions
- and that the degree of your dehydration you state
- and your health
- and that your medical history
- Your age
- and also your ability to tolerate various procedures or medications
- And that’s only in your condition it’s expected to improve
How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
As such, your doctor will complete a physical examination and consider your medical history when determining the cause of your diarrhea. And in addition, they may request laboratory tests to check urine and blood samples as well.
In addition, these additional tests and other related conditions your doctor may order to determine the cause of diarrhea may include:
- Note that this dietary elimination test is only used to determine if a food intolerance or allergy is the cause.
- as well as this imaging test to check for inflammation and structural abnormalities of the intestine
- For example, it is a stool culture to check for bacteria, parasites or signs of disease.
- It is only for the symptoms of intestinal disease, it is only to examine the entire colon, it is a colonoscopy.
- A sigmoidoscopy to examine the rectum as well as the lower colon for signs of intestinal disease
- It is especially helpful to have a colonoscopy or a sigmoidoscopy as well to determine if you have intestinal disease or severe or chronic diarrhoea.
How can I stop diarrhea?
Let me tell you that although diarrhea can be due to many reasons, and along with it, but you can also take some steps to prevent it:
- Let us tell you that by washing the cooking and food preparation areas more often, you can avoid the diarrhea caused by food poisoning.
- Tell him that he should serve it immediately after cooking.
- And then immediately refrigerate the leftovers.
- Remember, always thaw frozen food in the refrigerator.
as well as prevent traveler’s diarrhea
You as well as these travelers can help prevent diarrhea by taking the following steps during your travels:
- Be sure to ask your doctor if you can start antibiotic treatment before you leave.
- And you should avoid tap water, ice cubes, as well as fresh produce that may have been washed with tap water during your vacation
- And that’s just drinking bottled water while on vacation
- And you only eat cooked food while on vacation
- and prevent the spread of viral or bacterial infections to you
Friends, if you have diarrhea due to viral or bacterial infection, and that is only then you can prevent the infection-causing agent from passing it to others by washing your hands frequently.
And along with this, use soap while washing your hands and wash for 20 seconds. And along with this, when it is not possible to wash my hands, then use hand sanitizer.
When to call the doctor
Let us tell you that most cases of acute diarrhea get better on their own, and with this, the symptoms will improve in a few days.
However, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, it is only if the symptoms persist for more than 2 days, and only then that you should seek medical attention, as well as this. So because you can be dehydrated and need IV fluids and either other treatments and this then evaluation.
Be aware that this diarrhea is also a symptom of some serious medical emergencies. Friends, if you experience loose, watery stools with any of the following symptoms, then you should seek emergency help. In addition, a combination of these symptoms may indicate a serious underlying disease.
- like you have a fever
- blood in your stool
- you vomit frequently
And friends, if any of the following apply to your child, get immediate treatment:
- Tell that they have diarrhea for 24 hours or more.
- And that’s if they have a fever of 102°F (39°C) or higher.
- And that is what they have with feces and that in which there is blood.
- And that is they have feces which contains pus.
- And this is what they have black and stagnant stools.
- And with that I have all these symptoms and those that indicate emergency.
Friends, if you have diarrhea, you will usually experience loose, watery stools several times a day. And at the same time, you may also feel this sudden urge to empty your bowels.
It should be noted that diarrhea is often the result of a short-term infection, and it can lead to serious complications, most notably dehydration. The condition can also be chronic, and this is however less common.
These viral and bacterial infections are the most common causes of diarrhea. And that food intolerances, side effects of medications and underlying chronic conditions can also cause diarrhea.
It should be noted that if you experience symptoms for more than 2 days, then only you should see a doctor. If under your care he is showing signs of diarrhea in a child, and only then he should seek medical help immediately. All children under the age of 5 are especially susceptible to diarrhea and dehydration, and it is often the same medical emergency.